This is Grýla, an Icelandic monster who ate bad children before Christmas.
You better not shout,
You better not cry,
You better not pout,
Or an Icelandic monster will fucking eat you.
The mom doesn’t even look panicked she’s just “Sigh. Goddamn it Jimmy I fucking told you.”
First drinks as a #college #graduate! #classof2013#school 🎓🎓🎉🎉 (at Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill & Bar)
Just because those men have turbans on they’re the enemy? Just because they have dark skin? Beards?
Reagan met with the Mujaheddin. The fighters who were at war against the invading Soviets. The enemy of my enemy. If that’s too complicated of a concept I’ll be more than happy to explain the cold war and the usage of proxy wars.
Let’s set the timeline straight.
- Reagan meets with Mujaheddin 1983 (Pictured above)
- Soviets withdraw from Afghanistan in 1989
- The Taliban doesn’t even become an active militia until 1994
- The Taliban doesn’t take primary control of Afghanistan until 1996 (13 years after the photo above)
- During the rise of the Taliban the US backs the Northern Alliance, a Islamic Democratic group dedicated to fighting against the totalitarian Taliban.
So let’s review.
- You’re racist.
- You don’t understand history.
- You clearly took a photo out of context
I don’t know how many times I’ve heard people assume that the Mujahideen were the Taliban. After the Soviets left Afghanistan, like jihadists today, they fought among themselves and disbanded into factions.